Friday 9 April 2010

There's more to the girl behind the picture

I joined lookbook on March 5, 2010, this was the highlight of the month for me. As I have wanted to join lookbook for so long, and when I finally got the opportunity to join I was over the moon!
I was immediately overwhelmed with fashion and everyone's style, it really inspired me to be more bold with my style. But I also felt lost, everyone seemed to have a certain style they stuck to. Whereas I was more like a chameleon, I would just blend in and absorb the style around me. This didn't make me feel good, I want to be unique and different. So here I am on this journey of finding my individual style .
Everyone who is and wants to be in the fashion industry, has a story. And I am always intrigued to learn about the people I meet. Recently I read a blog about a girl who used to be on lookbook. Her looks on lookbook were so inspiring, she definitely looked like top model. Then when I read her blog my eyes were open to a different side to the 'top model' I saw on lookbook.
I am an advocate of the statement 'there's more to the girl behind the picture' however this saying was thrown out the window when I joined lookbook and was overwhelmed by everyone's style. Every look I saw I would say to myself, 'wow she must be so happy' or'what a pretty girl, lucky thing'. And I would never stop to think, what's the story behind the girl in the picture.
Personally, posting looks on lookbook is me acting out my alter ego, and expressing myself in other way- the easier way for me to express myself. As I am usually misunderstood by everyone around me. I feel I can never show people my true personality, so I am usually misjudged until people get to know me a bit more. And I guess this goes for every stylish, unique and beautiful person we see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Fashion (33) Textiles (17) Art (9) Bournville (9) Sewing (8) final major project (8) Colour (7) Prints (6) Inspiration (5) Photography (5) Aqua-film (4) Designs (4) Illustration (4) Atsuko Tanaka (3) Caribbean (3) Exam (3) Fabrics (3) Fashion Designer (3) Quilting (3) Vogue (3) nature (3) project (3) Black and White (2) Creative (2) Drawing (2) Hexagons (2) Ikon (2) Jamaica (2) Japanese (2) Knit (2) Love (2) Paint (2) Paintings (2) Sketches (2) Stitches (2) Styles (2) Summer (2) Trends (2) catwalk (2) flowers (2) headscarves (2) junya watanabe (2) organza (2) textiles design (2) 40s and 50s pin-up (1) 70s print (1) Alfred Eisenstaedt (1) Alpine (1) BA Visual Arts by negotiated study degree show (1) BCU (1) Betty Grable (1) Book (1) Bored (1) Britain's Got Talent (1) Carolina Herrara (1) Company Magazine (1) Composition (1) Confident (1) Constructed Textiles (1) David Downton (1) Degree (1) Disappointment (1) Elle magazine (1) Embriodery (1) Fate (1) Free-hand machine foot (1) Friends (1) Holiday (1) Hope (1) Interior Design (1) Kandinsky (1) LOL (1) Marilyn Monroe (1) Marios Scwab (1) Mary Katranzou (1) Monday (1) Music (1) Native American (1) New Year (1) Pefectionist (1) Pencil (1) Random (1) Reflection (1) Research (1) Sandra Buckland (1) Scrap (1) Spring (1) Stina Persson (1) Tobias Mead (1) University work (1) V-J Day (1) Water colour (1) Wedding Dresses (1) Yanii (1) analogue photography (1) bloglovin (1) crinoline (1) editorial (1) etsy (1) exhibition (1) gifts (1) handmade (1) identity (1) imagery (1) it (1) lomography (1) lookbook (1) media (1) minimal (1) mixed-media (1) portfolio (1) positive (1) school (1) screen print (1) shopping (1) sketchbook (1) snow (1) stress (1) textures (1) underestimate (1) vintage (1) volunteering (1) weave (1) world issues (1)