Tuesday 13 September 2011

Carolina Herrera Spring 2012 RTW

As the time draws nearer to my Textiles Design course start date, more ideas for projects and flowing in. So Im doing my best to write them down here on my blog so I can refer back to them later. I saw a tweet about Carolina Herrera's Spring 2012 RTW collection so I decided to look it up out of curiosity.
There were a few garments that really stood out to me and sparked some inspiration so here are a few

While clicking through the images in the slideshow the garment above reminded me of a blurry photo I took in Jamaica of a Hummingbird, especially the layers on the bottom of the dress, the fabric is so light and delicate like the wingd of the Hummingbird. There is so much movement in the bottoms layers and the colours are so tropical and similar to the Hummingbird colours. This is definately a garment I would like to draw inspiration from.

This is also another garment from the slideshow that caught my attention.
The prints on silk/chiffon are so simple but works well with the colour and delicate fabric.
I know first hand how beautiful prints on chiffon are and they dye beautiful colour shades.

This dress also made me think of my blurry Hummingbird photograph from Jamaica. Although
the print is of little sparrows. I think if I were to use my blurry photograph as a print I would like to keep the blurred quality of the photograph and print it repeatedly on chiffon or silk like Herrera.
Here is the link to her collection on style.com
http://www.style.com/fashionshows/review/S2012RTW-CHERRERA

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Fashion (33) Textiles (17) Art (9) Bournville (9) Sewing (8) final major project (8) Colour (7) Prints (6) Inspiration (5) Photography (5) Aqua-film (4) Designs (4) Illustration (4) Atsuko Tanaka (3) Caribbean (3) Exam (3) Fabrics (3) Fashion Designer (3) Quilting (3) Vogue (3) nature (3) project (3) Black and White (2) Creative (2) Drawing (2) Hexagons (2) Ikon (2) Jamaica (2) Japanese (2) Knit (2) Love (2) Paint (2) Paintings (2) Sketches (2) Stitches (2) Styles (2) Summer (2) Trends (2) catwalk (2) flowers (2) headscarves (2) junya watanabe (2) organza (2) textiles design (2) 40s and 50s pin-up (1) 70s print (1) Alfred Eisenstaedt (1) Alpine (1) BA Visual Arts by negotiated study degree show (1) BCU (1) Betty Grable (1) Book (1) Bored (1) Britain's Got Talent (1) Carolina Herrara (1) Company Magazine (1) Composition (1) Confident (1) Constructed Textiles (1) David Downton (1) Degree (1) Disappointment (1) Elle magazine (1) Embriodery (1) Fate (1) Free-hand machine foot (1) Friends (1) Holiday (1) Hope (1) Interior Design (1) Kandinsky (1) LOL (1) Marilyn Monroe (1) Marios Scwab (1) Mary Katranzou (1) Monday (1) Music (1) Native American (1) New Year (1) Pefectionist (1) Pencil (1) Random (1) Reflection (1) Research (1) Sandra Buckland (1) Scrap (1) Spring (1) Stina Persson (1) Tobias Mead (1) University work (1) V-J Day (1) Water colour (1) Wedding Dresses (1) Yanii (1) analogue photography (1) bloglovin (1) crinoline (1) editorial (1) etsy (1) exhibition (1) gifts (1) handmade (1) identity (1) imagery (1) it (1) lomography (1) lookbook (1) media (1) minimal (1) mixed-media (1) portfolio (1) positive (1) school (1) screen print (1) shopping (1) sketchbook (1) snow (1) stress (1) textures (1) underestimate (1) vintage (1) volunteering (1) weave (1) world issues (1)