Tuesday 18 January 2011

Update: Things I've been working on

Recently I've been super busy with work, with only 3 weeks left till my first project is due in, my final major project to think about and preparing my portfolio for my degree interviews. Its all a little overwhelming, but I do work well under pressure so my hair isn't falling out (yet).

So here's a few things I've been working on for my current project and for my portfolio.







































Fashion and Textiles installation piece, free hand embroidery on aqua-film. My vision for this piece is a spring photo shoot, possibly shot in a studio on a plain white background or on an old mossy wall. when this aqua-film dissolves it looks very good on bare skin so this is something I want to explore in the photo shoot, very excited about this piece.














































Changed my style of illustrating my fashion sketches, this change was mostly influenced by David Downton and Stina Persson. Before I used to follow ready made fashion templates for my sketches, but now I do them free hand, and it's so refreshing because I feel like it's all my own work and style. YAY!







































































Also more layering samples with print and fabrics, these pieces are screen prints on sheer cotton and overlay of organza that I've stitched into to make a tartan pattern. Tartan fabric has been a big part of my current project, I really love how well some prints work on tartan fabric.

But there's more to come. This week I have a lot of tidying up to do in my sketchbook and some A1 sheets to do for my portfolio. And then start planning my final piece which I have notes for in the back of my mind for now.
Toodles for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Fashion (33) Textiles (17) Art (9) Bournville (9) Sewing (8) final major project (8) Colour (7) Prints (6) Inspiration (5) Photography (5) Aqua-film (4) Designs (4) Illustration (4) Atsuko Tanaka (3) Caribbean (3) Exam (3) Fabrics (3) Fashion Designer (3) Quilting (3) Vogue (3) nature (3) project (3) Black and White (2) Creative (2) Drawing (2) Hexagons (2) Ikon (2) Jamaica (2) Japanese (2) Knit (2) Love (2) Paint (2) Paintings (2) Sketches (2) Stitches (2) Styles (2) Summer (2) Trends (2) catwalk (2) flowers (2) headscarves (2) junya watanabe (2) organza (2) textiles design (2) 40s and 50s pin-up (1) 70s print (1) Alfred Eisenstaedt (1) Alpine (1) BA Visual Arts by negotiated study degree show (1) BCU (1) Betty Grable (1) Book (1) Bored (1) Britain's Got Talent (1) Carolina Herrara (1) Company Magazine (1) Composition (1) Confident (1) Constructed Textiles (1) David Downton (1) Degree (1) Disappointment (1) Elle magazine (1) Embriodery (1) Fate (1) Free-hand machine foot (1) Friends (1) Holiday (1) Hope (1) Interior Design (1) Kandinsky (1) LOL (1) Marilyn Monroe (1) Marios Scwab (1) Mary Katranzou (1) Monday (1) Music (1) Native American (1) New Year (1) Pefectionist (1) Pencil (1) Random (1) Reflection (1) Research (1) Sandra Buckland (1) Scrap (1) Spring (1) Stina Persson (1) Tobias Mead (1) University work (1) V-J Day (1) Water colour (1) Wedding Dresses (1) Yanii (1) analogue photography (1) bloglovin (1) crinoline (1) editorial (1) etsy (1) exhibition (1) gifts (1) handmade (1) identity (1) imagery (1) it (1) lomography (1) lookbook (1) media (1) minimal (1) mixed-media (1) portfolio (1) positive (1) school (1) screen print (1) shopping (1) sketchbook (1) snow (1) stress (1) textures (1) underestimate (1) vintage (1) volunteering (1) weave (1) world issues (1)