Wednesday 15 December 2010

my addiction...







Since I did the first aqua-film sample I've been pretty much addicted to it and the free hand sewing machine foot. That little thing gives you so much freedom with your sewing machine. It's like drawing with your sewing machine. Awesome!!

I've been pretty adventurous with the samples I'm creating now that I'm comfortable with using the free hand
foot.
So my project is based on Japanese print, so I've been doing some simple floral motifs that look like cherry blossoms in Spring time Japan. And also have a mash of Moroccan Rabat embroidery which also celebrates a passion for flowers. And I have a massive love for floral motifs! So it works very well for me.

Moroccan Rabat Embroidery- Image from Google

I've also developed the idea of using the free hand foot to make floral motifs by introducing different fabrics. Which also works very well and creates a stronger pattern.
For the samples below I've used Organza to sew my floral pattern. Organza was a good fabric to use because I didn't have to worry about making the stitches strong to keep the pattern visible like I had to when I used aqua-film. And I think the Organza samples would look great when layered on other prints I've done so this is a good start.

1 comment:

  1. i think you do it really good! the idea of basing your proyect in japanish print is a very good one. In my opinion japanish prints are really pretty.
    xxx
    Beatriz
    http://missyfeelingaddicted.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Fashion (33) Textiles (17) Art (9) Bournville (9) Sewing (8) final major project (8) Colour (7) Prints (6) Inspiration (5) Photography (5) Aqua-film (4) Designs (4) Illustration (4) Atsuko Tanaka (3) Caribbean (3) Exam (3) Fabrics (3) Fashion Designer (3) Quilting (3) Vogue (3) nature (3) project (3) Black and White (2) Creative (2) Drawing (2) Hexagons (2) Ikon (2) Jamaica (2) Japanese (2) Knit (2) Love (2) Paint (2) Paintings (2) Sketches (2) Stitches (2) Styles (2) Summer (2) Trends (2) catwalk (2) flowers (2) headscarves (2) junya watanabe (2) organza (2) textiles design (2) 40s and 50s pin-up (1) 70s print (1) Alfred Eisenstaedt (1) Alpine (1) BA Visual Arts by negotiated study degree show (1) BCU (1) Betty Grable (1) Book (1) Bored (1) Britain's Got Talent (1) Carolina Herrara (1) Company Magazine (1) Composition (1) Confident (1) Constructed Textiles (1) David Downton (1) Degree (1) Disappointment (1) Elle magazine (1) Embriodery (1) Fate (1) Free-hand machine foot (1) Friends (1) Holiday (1) Hope (1) Interior Design (1) Kandinsky (1) LOL (1) Marilyn Monroe (1) Marios Scwab (1) Mary Katranzou (1) Monday (1) Music (1) Native American (1) New Year (1) Pefectionist (1) Pencil (1) Random (1) Reflection (1) Research (1) Sandra Buckland (1) Scrap (1) Spring (1) Stina Persson (1) Tobias Mead (1) University work (1) V-J Day (1) Water colour (1) Wedding Dresses (1) Yanii (1) analogue photography (1) bloglovin (1) crinoline (1) editorial (1) etsy (1) exhibition (1) gifts (1) handmade (1) identity (1) imagery (1) it (1) lomography (1) lookbook (1) media (1) minimal (1) mixed-media (1) portfolio (1) positive (1) school (1) screen print (1) shopping (1) sketchbook (1) snow (1) stress (1) textures (1) underestimate (1) vintage (1) volunteering (1) weave (1) world issues (1)