Monday 29 November 2010

Pathway chosen


I've completed my eight week rotation at School of Art Bournville, my work has been assessed and I'm predicted a grade Merit for the end of the course. A merit prediction is very pleasing at such an early stage of the course. I would like to take what I've learnt from the eight weeks and create even better work that's worthy of a grade Distinction.

We have to write an essay that shows our interests in the subject area and explain our intentions of work to produce for the course. It's very exciting that the tutors allow us to take the reins and direct our own approach to the course. This is also what is expected at degree level so hopefully by the end of the course I'll be fully prepared for my degree in either fashion or textiles.

On the course I've produced some very good work, that's at such a higher level than A-level so I'm going to push myself even further and see how far I can go. My tutor says there's 'definite potential' in my work, so lets show off my potential. :)


Artwork: Illustration of Travel by me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Fashion (33) Textiles (17) Art (9) Bournville (9) Sewing (8) final major project (8) Colour (7) Prints (6) Inspiration (5) Photography (5) Aqua-film (4) Designs (4) Illustration (4) Atsuko Tanaka (3) Caribbean (3) Exam (3) Fabrics (3) Fashion Designer (3) Quilting (3) Vogue (3) nature (3) project (3) Black and White (2) Creative (2) Drawing (2) Hexagons (2) Ikon (2) Jamaica (2) Japanese (2) Knit (2) Love (2) Paint (2) Paintings (2) Sketches (2) Stitches (2) Styles (2) Summer (2) Trends (2) catwalk (2) flowers (2) headscarves (2) junya watanabe (2) organza (2) textiles design (2) 40s and 50s pin-up (1) 70s print (1) Alfred Eisenstaedt (1) Alpine (1) BA Visual Arts by negotiated study degree show (1) BCU (1) Betty Grable (1) Book (1) Bored (1) Britain's Got Talent (1) Carolina Herrara (1) Company Magazine (1) Composition (1) Confident (1) Constructed Textiles (1) David Downton (1) Degree (1) Disappointment (1) Elle magazine (1) Embriodery (1) Fate (1) Free-hand machine foot (1) Friends (1) Holiday (1) Hope (1) Interior Design (1) Kandinsky (1) LOL (1) Marilyn Monroe (1) Marios Scwab (1) Mary Katranzou (1) Monday (1) Music (1) Native American (1) New Year (1) Pefectionist (1) Pencil (1) Random (1) Reflection (1) Research (1) Sandra Buckland (1) Scrap (1) Spring (1) Stina Persson (1) Tobias Mead (1) University work (1) V-J Day (1) Water colour (1) Wedding Dresses (1) Yanii (1) analogue photography (1) bloglovin (1) crinoline (1) editorial (1) etsy (1) exhibition (1) gifts (1) handmade (1) identity (1) imagery (1) it (1) lomography (1) lookbook (1) media (1) minimal (1) mixed-media (1) portfolio (1) positive (1) school (1) screen print (1) shopping (1) sketchbook (1) snow (1) stress (1) textures (1) underestimate (1) vintage (1) volunteering (1) weave (1) world issues (1)