Sunday 6 June 2010

Neglect

























Really do hate when this happens because it leave me unfocused and mad as a hatter. Urgh. Company Magazine columnist Jameela advised all the girl's out there to wear their heart on their sleeves. I suppose it's summer and we should have fun. But this is far from being fun, it's getting serious. I really do suck at dealing with this so I will try and put it to the back of my mind until exams are finished...
It just happened at the most inconvenient time EVER! Jeez, but they do say it happens when you least expect it. So there I go.

Anyway this 'it' has made me neglect pretty much everything other thing that completes me. I have serious plans for this summer, I didn't make any space for 'it' to happen.
Solution?
No quite sure yet. Music is no help, every song I choose to listen to relates back to 'it'. I'll just try not to think about 'it', try and distract myself. I really want to do well in my exams and finish my work for Bournville.

As for the photograph shown in this post. Beautiful, right? New York V-J Day photograph, taken by Alfred Eisenstaedt and published in Life in 1945. This photograph just completes my love for black and white photography. Can't capture real images like this these days. Although some argue the image was staged. Oh well it's still beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Fashion (33) Textiles (17) Art (9) Bournville (9) Sewing (8) final major project (8) Colour (7) Prints (6) Inspiration (5) Photography (5) Aqua-film (4) Designs (4) Illustration (4) Atsuko Tanaka (3) Caribbean (3) Exam (3) Fabrics (3) Fashion Designer (3) Quilting (3) Vogue (3) nature (3) project (3) Black and White (2) Creative (2) Drawing (2) Hexagons (2) Ikon (2) Jamaica (2) Japanese (2) Knit (2) Love (2) Paint (2) Paintings (2) Sketches (2) Stitches (2) Styles (2) Summer (2) Trends (2) catwalk (2) flowers (2) headscarves (2) junya watanabe (2) organza (2) textiles design (2) 40s and 50s pin-up (1) 70s print (1) Alfred Eisenstaedt (1) Alpine (1) BA Visual Arts by negotiated study degree show (1) BCU (1) Betty Grable (1) Book (1) Bored (1) Britain's Got Talent (1) Carolina Herrara (1) Company Magazine (1) Composition (1) Confident (1) Constructed Textiles (1) David Downton (1) Degree (1) Disappointment (1) Elle magazine (1) Embriodery (1) Fate (1) Free-hand machine foot (1) Friends (1) Holiday (1) Hope (1) Interior Design (1) Kandinsky (1) LOL (1) Marilyn Monroe (1) Marios Scwab (1) Mary Katranzou (1) Monday (1) Music (1) Native American (1) New Year (1) Pefectionist (1) Pencil (1) Random (1) Reflection (1) Research (1) Sandra Buckland (1) Scrap (1) Spring (1) Stina Persson (1) Tobias Mead (1) University work (1) V-J Day (1) Water colour (1) Wedding Dresses (1) Yanii (1) analogue photography (1) bloglovin (1) crinoline (1) editorial (1) etsy (1) exhibition (1) gifts (1) handmade (1) identity (1) imagery (1) it (1) lomography (1) lookbook (1) media (1) minimal (1) mixed-media (1) portfolio (1) positive (1) school (1) screen print (1) shopping (1) sketchbook (1) snow (1) stress (1) textures (1) underestimate (1) vintage (1) volunteering (1) weave (1) world issues (1)